Table of Contents
👋🏻 Hello, my name is Nenad Milosevic 🔊 and I’m T-shaped interaction and interface designer. Currently based in 📍Belgrade but willing to relocate to follow my dreams. Developing intuitive and frictionless user experiences is not just my expertise but also my passion. I love great design, problem solving and crafting digital interfaces that make people’s lives easier. Self-taught and fluent across multiple platforms and technologies (one-man design team 🦄), I’m always looking for new adventures.
📇 Professional work experience
Centili Mobile Payments Interaction & Product designer | 2011 – 2016
- Sole product designer for 4 years. Led design team for 1 year. In company from early days before product idea was born.
- Crafted, designed, optimized, and implemented interfaces, interactions, and experiences, from scratch, for 8 applications, 4 websites, 3 blogs, iOS, Android and WinPhone apps, 2 android libraries, 1 Android game, and loads of landing pages.
- Created and optimized experiences for users in 80 countries, more than 250 mobile network operators and dozens of partners and clients like Vodafone, Wargaming, Badoo, Nordeus, MTS.
- Developed HTML/CSS to fully support RTL writing systems and 40+ languages.
- Sped up the average session duration on Payment Page by 20% and average payment time by 600% (from 3m to 30s).
- Played major part in squashing Payment Page file size from 300KB to 50KB.
- Increased website hits by 700% over the last 4 years by constantly testing, redesigning, refining IA, enhancing forms, and improving user onboarding process.
- Designed brand identity for Centili, ¥Coins and Apps & Games.
- Helped in recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding new designers.
- Check out my case studies about mobile payments for a complete walkthrough of my design process.
Bipbop Games Co-founder & product designer | 2014 – 2016
- Created user experiences for two Android games: Reflect Yoself and Colors.
- Collaborated closely with a software engineer on ideation, research, and game design.
- Crafted 10+ fully interactive prototypes and made game user interfaces.
- User tested and collected feedback on mobile / game conferences and events, using game prototypes.
- Illustrated, designed and animated characters.
- Composed, designed and implemented all graphics, animations, music, and SFX.
- Created motion graphics and promo videos for Reflect Yoself, Colors, Climb, Color Tiles, Gravity Tap.
- Designed and developed the website, game assets, app store graphics, press kits, company and game brand identities.
- Optimized (ASO, SEO) and made app store and website information architecture.
- By sharing helpful games related information and useful resources for indie game devs, grew Bipbop Twitter following to 2k in one year.
Ladybug Communications Web designer | 2009 – 2011
- Designed, illustrated, animated and optimized Flash web banners, static web banners, Flash animations.
- Designed, illustrated and crafted animations and motion graphics.
- Designed, coded and developed Flash websites.
- Designed and composed presentations.
- Check out my old portfolio for works done for Ladybug Communications.
MaxNova Creative Web designer | 2007 – 2011
- Designed, coded and developed online and offline interactive presentations.
- Designed and coded web components.
- Crafted Flash websites and web banners.
- Designed, illustrated and crafted Flash animations, motion graphics and promo videos.
- Check out my old portfolio for works done for MaxNova Creative.
Freelance Designer | 2004 – 2017
- In 12 years worked for more than 100 clients.
- Designed websites, application interfaces, mobile apps, logos, presentations, games, posters, books, business cards, CD covers, ads, banners, flyers, t-shirts, packaging.
- Illustrated icons, logos, graphics, characters, fonts.
- Created motion graphics, promo videos, drew animations, crafted interactive presentations, music videos, TV titles.
- Developed and coded websites, apps, chat bots.
- Composed and produced music. Designed sounds.
- Check out my old portfolio for works done as freelancer till 2011.
👌🏻 Recommendations & endorsements
“Nenad is a very talented designer, I have collaborated with on several occasions over last 10 years. He is first-class creative professional with extensive knowledge in fields of graphic and web design. Nenad is capable to develop and deliver smart and likable solutions very quickly. He knows how to work under pressure and has extensive experience to work for different clients in Serbia and abroad. Working with Nenad is a very pleasant experience, and I am looking forward to work with him again.”
“Mr. Milosevic is a true expert in the field of digital design. His creative thinking and detailed knowledge of multiple fields within digital design has been something that we have relied upon many times. We strongly recommend Mr. Milosevic as a trustworthy, creative and reliable digital design professional.”
“I managed Nenad for about 3 years in Infobip (Centili) and I’m very glad and satisfied that he was a part of the company and I’m pleased he contributed with his ideas and creativity to make all the projects grow in the right direction. I highly appreciate and value his skills, capabilities, and knowledge of design and development (all aspects of it). He’s been extremely efficient and very fast in developing and shipping, from the idea to the final product, ready to be used by our merchants / partners or end-users.
In those three years I’ve seen him not only excel in UX/UI/IxD web and graphic design but also learn other tasks that extend beyond the scope of his role, like coding HTML/CSS/JS/PHP, successfully leading other designers and developers in direction of a great product and working, coordinating and collaborating with a members of other teams internally and externally. Besides that, Nenad’s strengths are also persistence, ambition, precision, curiosity, minimalism…”
📜 20 years in the game
Somewhere in the beginning of 90’s, I got myself a first computer: 🕹 Commodore 64. When I turned twelve in 1994, my brother and I saved 💰 and bought powerful 💾 Amiga 1200 computer. Somehow, with just 2 MB of RAM, 14 MHz CPU, and 8-bit sound―I managed to design logos, draw, and manipulate photos in DeluxePaint. Sampling, composing and producing music was great fun in OctaMED. In late 90’s, I switched to Windows 98 and started using Photoshop 5.
My first website was made in Microsoft Frontpage and hosted on Yahoo GeoCities. 🙂 In 2002 I became a member of DeviantArt community. Continued making HTML/CSS websites, but over time, slowly shifted to Macromedia Flash. Using it, I illustrated, animated, designed and, built websites and simple apps. Like this artificial intelligence chatbot from 2004. 🤓
Later, I developed and designed my former portfolio website which landed me a dream job at Centili. Worked freelance, part and full time, for an agency, startup, and enterprise corporation, in-house, outsource, remotely, in a team, and solo. Beside my side projects, I co-founded android mobile game startup Bipbop Games in 2014. And finally, after 25 years of using Basic OS, Workbench OS, and Windows OS, I got myself a brand new MacOS.
🛠 Skills & tools
- Interaction design
- Interface design
- Digital product design
- User experience design
- User-centered design
- Mobile / app design
- Visual / graphic design
- Layout design
- HTML / CSS
- ActionScript (intermediate)
- PHP (Basic)
- Web / responsive design
- Illustration / drawing
- Brand / identity design
- Guidelines / specifications
- Motion design / animation
- Game design
- Photo retouching
- Sound design / music production
- Scrum / Kanban
💡 UX methods
- Survey / interviewing
- Ideation / concepting
- Personas / scenarios
- Information architecture
- Sketching / Wireframing
- User flows / Storyboarding
- Rapid prototyping / hi-fi prototyping
- Usability testing / A/B testing
- Heuristic evaluation
🃏 Soft skills
- Proactive / self-motivated
- Ambitious / passionate
- Collaborative / team player
- Independent / leader
- Strategic thinker
- Intellectually curious
- Creative / problem solver
- Professional / reliable
- Detail junkie
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Bohemian Coding Sketch
- Adobe Animate / Adobe Flash
- Facebook Origami (intermediate)
- Pen / Paper
- Adobe Brackets
- DevTools / Web Inspector
- WAMP / XAMPP / EasyPHP
- GIT / SVN
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Adobe After Effects
- Sony Vegas
- Adobe InDesign
- Ableton Live
🎖 Recognitions & appearances
2017 – 🎚️ Ableton Live Redesign featured on CDM magazine.
2017 – 🎚️ Ableton Live Redesign featured on MusicRadar (Computer Music).
2017 – 🎚️ Ableton Live Redesign featured on Ask.Audio.
2017 – 🎚️ Ableton Live Redesign featured on Sidebar.io.
2017 – 🎚️ Ableton Live Redesign reached #6 place on HackerNews.
2017 – 🎚️ Ableton Live Redesign featured on Uninvited Redesigns.
2017 – 🎚️ Ableton Live Redesign get discussed on MusicRadar FB, Computer Music FB, ADSR Sounds FB, PML FB, Ableton Live Group FB, Ableton Subreddit, EDMproduction Subreddit, Audiosex Forum, and Random Tweets.
2017 – 📱 Random Vacation App design featured on iOSup.
2017 – 📱 Random Real Estate App design featured on UpLabs.
2017 – 📱 Random Real Estate App design featured on CSS Author.
2017 – 📱 Random Real Estate App design featured on 72pxdesigns.
2017 – 🖥 Dashboard UI design rebound featured on Noupe.
2017 – 🖥 Dashboard UI design rebound featured on Psddd.
2017 – 🖥 Dashboard UI design rebound featured on Download Free PSD.
2017 – 🖥 Dashboard UI design rebound featured on Download PSD.
2017 – 🖥 Dashboard UI design rebound featured on CSS Author.
2016 – 🖥 Dashboard UI design rebound featured on PSD author.
2016 – 🖥 Dashboard UI design rebound featured on Designer Mill.
2016 – 🖥 Dashboard UI design rebound featured on Freebbble.
2016 – 🖥 Dashboard UI design rebound featured on Freebie Supply.
2016 – 🖥 Dashboard UI design rebound featured on UIspace.
2016 – 🖥 Dashboard UI design rebound featured on Designer Resource.
2016 – 🖥 Dashboard UI design rebound featured on UpLabs / SiteUp.
2016 – 🖥 Dashboard UI design rebound featured on PSDrepo.
2015 – 🎙 Bipbop Interview for Paolo Rizzardini (original link).
2015 – 👾 Bipbop Game review by EssentialAndroid (via web archive).
2015 – 👾 Bipbop Game review by AndroidMarket.
2012 – 💿 Gitall “Don’t Stop” released on Beatport and Amazon via PlayMe Records
2012 – 🌐 The Root Out website featured on Modny73.
2012 – 🌐 The Root Out website featured on KoFlash.
2012 – 🌐 The Root Out website featured on TopDesignMag.
2011 – 🌐 The Root Out website featured on DesignYourWay.
2011 – 🌐 The Root Out website featured on QuerTime.
2011 – 🌐 The Root Out website featured on BloomWebDesign (via web archive).
2011 – 🌐 The Root Out website featured on Creattica (via web archive).
2008 – 🖼 Time Pills poster featured by DigitalPhenom on DeviantArt.
2008 – 🏆 Featured in Svet Kompjutera 1/2008 (poster).
2007 – 🏆 1st place award “ArtTech” fest. (via web archive).
2007 – 🖼 Time Pills poster featured by Umboody on DeviantArt.
2007 – 📻 Radio Eigekai – Tokyo, Japan. (music)
2006 – 🎥 MTV Adria (music video)
2006 – 📺 TV Metropolis (interview with Zoran Kesic, music videos)
2006 – 🎥 The Root Out feat. Mc Guntzy music video (300.000 views woohoo)
2006 – 🎥 TV B92 (music video)
2006 – 🎙 Sound & Music magazine (interview)
2006 – 🎙 Radio B92 (interview, music)
2005 – 🎙 Student Magazine (interview)
2003 – 📺 TV Duga (interview)
2003 – 📰 Blic (concert review)
2003 – 📰 Glas Javnosti (concert review)
2001 – 🎙 Radio 94.9 – Studio B (music on Discomer, interview)
ℹ These are the clients I worked with directly, via agencies, or via crowdsourcing contests.
Coca-Cola, Adidas, Atlassian, Banca Intesa, Elle magazine, Mixed in Key, UniCredit Bank, Telekom Serbia, Centili, Infobip, SMS Robot, MondoDrive, Belgrade’s Powerplants, BookingAdvisor, What Is My IP Address, Belgrade Universiade, Faculty of economics, Euro<26, Regulatory Agency for Electronic Communications and Postal Services, NaDlanu, Padlock Software LLC, Noc Reklamozdera, Radio 3, Story magazine, AnaLife Polyclinic, Kontext, Student Magazine, LaSestre, Argus Tours, Dediserve, BizEquity, HTTP Watch, Infolytik, Hospital Galathea, Contrast Plan Plus, Telekomunikacije magazine, Hera Consulting, Reverse Mortgage Guides, MaxNova Creative, Studentski Svet, ZPUbeograd.com, Smile Crew, Dj Witchy, Vasectoven, Dentalux, Ladybug communications, Fish Fest, Pekara Ostrvo, SIS Family, Utripu.com, Schlarafia, 2insure4less, MobiKarta.rs, MojOdmor.rs, Milano Rock, MyMojo, ContactInsurance.co.uk, YuMama, BB Brides, BizBuzz, Guybrush Treepwood, DomusMusic, Forma M Betting Company, Valentino Vallente, The Static, Dernek.ba, Furka.com, Pik.ba, Gdenasport.com, Slanjepoklona.com, Art Diler, EEprom, Carbon Cartel, Bubon Bell & Associates, XM Collection, MobiHobi.com, VipTrip, MojZid, Krepco…
ℹ For older design works, check out my old portfolio graveyard.
🎓 Traditional education
Belgrade Polytechnic Graphic Design | 2003 – 2006
I attended this college for three years till I finally dropped out. The reason being that I needed more professional and up-to-date learning experience. I learned some design basics, but looking back now, I’m glad I decided to be self-taught instead. My curiosity is strong enough to urge me to constantly learn new things; so, I’m good. 👍🏻
Technical high school “Nikola Tesla” Electronics Engineering | 1996 – 2000
I learned technical drawing ropes here, 📐 which helped me design user interfaces like a boss!
- Music production
- Sound design
- Finger drumming
Nenad Milosevic on Linkedin
Nenad Milosevic on Twitter
Nenad Milosevic on Dribble
Nenad Milosevic on Pinterest
Nenad Milosevic on Instagram
Nenad Milosevic on Behance
Nenad Milosevic on GitHub
Nenad Milosevic on Medium
Nenad Milosevic on Facebook
Nenad Milosevic on YouTube
Nenad Milosevic on Google Plus
Nenad Milosevic on AngelList